Welcome to the November 2022 event of our #EattheWorld project, being spearheaded by Evelyne of CulturEatz. Here's her challenge.
This month, we are sharing recipes from Bermuda, here's the #EattheWorld line-up..
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Codfish Cakes
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Bermuda Triangle Cocktail
- Sugarlovespices: Bermuda Rum Cake with pecans (from scratch)
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Bermuda’s Signature Cocktail: Dark ‘N’ Stormy
- Sneha’s Recipe: Bermuda Johnny Bread
- Kitchen Frau: Bermuda Fish Chowder
Dark 'N' Stormy
I am not a huge fan of rum. I'm more of a gin gal. However, Jake loves rum. So, when I saw that Bermuda's signature cocktail used rum, I took the opportunity to make him a special libation. Cheers!
The actual cocktail uses Gosling's brand dark rum and ginger beer. I used a rum distilled in Trinidad and Tobago; the ginger beer is from the United Kingdom. So, not traditional Bermuda ingredients, but - Jake reported - tasty nonetheless.
Ingredients makes one cocktail
- ice cubes or chilled ice stones
- 2 to 3 slices of fresh ginger (I used a mandolin slicer)
- 2 to 3 slices of organic lemon (I used a mandolin slicer)
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 4 to 6 ounces ginger beer
Fill an old fashioned glass with ice cubes. Wedge the ginger slices between the cubes and the glass and pour in the rum. Top with ginger beer. Float lemon slices on top to garnish. Serve.
That's a wrap for this month's tabletop adventure to Bermuda. We'll be back next month posting recipes from another country. Stay tuned!