- Camilla Mann of Culinary Adventures with Camilla shares Vite ad Alberello, Carricante, Caciocavallo, and Fiori di Zucca al Forno.
- Andrea Lemieux of The Quirky Cork shares Liatiko and Çalkarası: One Grape, Two Nations.
- David Crowley of Cooking Chat shares Classic Wine Pairings and What They Teach Us.
- Wendy Klik of A Day in the Life on the Farm shares Red Wine with Fish? Let's take a look....
- Terri Steffes of Our Good Life shares Books and Wine: Pairings You Might Not Have Considered.
- Lori Budd of Exploring the Wine Glass shares Back to Basics: A Cabernet Franc Primer.
- Gwendolyn Alley of Wine Predator offers Wine 101: Santa Barbara AVAs from Sta Rita Hills to BallardCanyon and beyond.
- And host Robin Renken of Crushed Grape Chronicles declares LODI RULES - Sustainability in Washington through the lensof Dineen Vineyards.
A single varietal - 100% Carricante - the grapes for this wine were grown at over a half-mile above sea level on the slopes of Etna. The wine poured a muted straw yellow. On the nose, aromas were delicate with a mixture of summer stone fruit, citrus blossom, and a hint of toasted almonds. On the palate, the wine had a racy acidity with notes that matched its aromas with added layers of wet stone and the brininess of raw oysters. This was a complex, compelling white wine.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (I used organic panko breadcrumbs)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 1/3 cup shaved Caciocavallo
- 1/4 cup shaved Pecorino with peppercorns
- 1/4 cup shave Pecorino
- 2 Tablespoons anchovy paste
- freshly ground pepper
- 10 large organic squash blossoms, destemmed
- shredded parmesan cheese
- fresh marinara sauce or semi-dried cherry tomatoes for serving
- Also needed a wire rack nestled on a baking sheet
Gently open the petals of each flower and carefully pinch out the filaments inside. Spoon some of the cheese mixture into each flower and press the petals closed.
Lay them on a wire rack nestled over a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.