- Palatable Pastime: Ajitsuke Tamago (Ramen Eggs)
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories: Baked Eggs with Parmesan and Chives
- Culinary Adventures with Camilla: Beet-Marbled Eggs with Feta
- Sneha’s Recipe: Dosa Egg Sandwich
- Making Miracles: Egg, Ham and Cheese Crepe Pockets
- Mayuri’s Jikoni Huevos Rancheros
- A Day in the Life on the Farm: Huevos Rancheros Verde
- Food Lust People Love: Spicy Sweet Soy Eggplant Tofu Quail Egg Stir-fry
- Amy’s Cooking Adventures: Ramen Bowls with Spinach & Poached Eggs
Ingredients serves 6
2 organic beets, trimmed and halved lengthwise
3 ounces vinegar
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
chives, chopped for garnish
organic pea shoots, for garnish
- pickled beets, for garnish (my version here)
freshly ground salt
freshly ground pepper
Bring the water to a rolling boil. Let cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let the eggs stand in the hot liquid for 15 - 20 minutes. Run the under cold waters so that they are cool enough to handle.
Tap the boiled eggs to make a series of cracks all over the eggshells. Try to keep the shells intact. But if some pieces happen to flake off, don't worry. Place the cracked eggs back in the pot with beets. Let cool completely, then transfer them to the refrigerator to steep overnight.
To serve, peel eggs and halve lengthwise. Top with crumbled feta cheese and chopped chives. Sprinkle with freshly ground salt and freshly ground pepper.
Plate with pickled beets and organic pea shoots. Serve immediately.
That's a wrap on our egg event. We'll be back next week as we share recipes for Lunar New Year. Stay tuned.