Skip to main content

#HotSummerEats: Garlic Goodness Bean Salad #sponsor


Here we are at day two of my Hot Summer Eats event. As promised, I will be sharing a grilled recipe, a non-lettuce salad, and/or a cocktail. So, for the non-salad offering today, here's my recipe for a garlicky bean salad...with a little help from one of our event sponsors: Intensity Academy Gourmet Sauces. Intensity Academy's Garlic Goodness Hot Sauce added the perfect amount of heat and flavor to my bean salad. I use dried beans, but you can certainly speed it up by using canned beans.

Ingredients
  • 1 pound beans (I used dried Moro beans. Click here for how to cook dried beans.)
  • 4 onions, peeled and sliced
  • 1 T butter
  • 1 t local honey
  • juice from 1 organic lemon
  • zest from 1 organic lemon
  • olive oil
  • 1 to 2 T Intensity Academy's Garlic Goodness Hot Sauce
  • 1 T fresh herbs (I used parsley)

Procedure
In a large flat-bottom pan, melt the butter over a low heat. Add the onions and cook, over low heat, until caramelized. Mine took approximately 1 hour. Place the cooked beans in a large mixing bowl. Add in the caramelized onions. Stir in the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, hot sauce, and herbs. Add enough olive oil to make it glossy. Toss to coat. Serve chilled.


Thanks, Intensity Academy Gourmet Sauces* - just one of our #HotSummerEats sponsors - for ingredients used in this recipe. You can find Intensity Academy: on the web, on facebook, on twitter, on instagram, and on pinterest.


*Full Disclosure: I received a bottle of Garlic Goodness from Intensity Academy for participating in #HotSummerEats. Feel free to use whatever garlicky hot sauce you have on-hand. I received no additional compensation for this post; all comments are 100% accurate and 100% my own.


Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I am in LOVE with the garlic goodness sauce! I used it in potato salad (sharing later this week) and it blew my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That garlic goodness is an exceptional hot sauce. I am loving it on everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect use of the Garlic Goodness! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's almost like a play on baked beans, but chilled. I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...