- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- zest and juice from 2 organic oranges plus four more oranges for roasting
- zest and juice from 2 organic limes plus two more limes for roasting
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 4 to 5 rib standing pork roast
Blend all of the herbs and olive oil until a smooth puree forms. Pour that into a large pot - I used my Dutch oven - whisk together all of the remaining ingredients except the pork and whole oranges and limes for roasting. Massage the marinade into the pork. Let marinate overnight, turning the meat once or twice to fully coat the surface.
The next day, let the meat and pot come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Nestle halved oranges and limes around the roast. Cover and place in the oven. Roast the pork, covered, for 30 minutes, until lightly browned. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for another 90 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 30 minutes before slicing.
I served the roast with mole negro (like this one) and steamed coconut rice.