- Blueberry Orange Muffins from Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Clementine Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cranberry Apple Muffins from Zesty South Indian Kitchen
- Cranberry Gingerbread Muffins from Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Egg Nog Muffins from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Samosa Muffins from Magical Ingredients
- 'Tis the Season Muffins from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Me? I have a gingerbread scarf that comes out this time every year...
The boys always help with some version of gingerbread cookies. One year D made Chewbacca Gingies for his Secret Santa buddy. R helped me decorate the Krampus Gingerbread Minions.
And one gingerbread recipe that makes an appearance every single year, however, is Gingerbread with Lemon Curd.
So, when I thought about a seasonally appropriate muffin, I landed on gingerbread. I wanted to start my journey on this year's gingerbread-lined path with ontbijtkoek, a Dutch spice bread. While Danish honningkagehjerter dough ages in the refrigerator for two days before it's baked, the Dutch ontbijtkoek age for one day after it's baked. This is delicious with a small glass of eggnog! If you're curious, you can read about our eggnog tasting from a few years ago...and which one won 'best overall.' I whisked together some cream cheese with eggnog to make a festive drizzle for the muffin.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- Also needed: paper liners, cream cheese, eggnog