Risotto ai Tre Funghi, Rosticciana al Forno, + Fontanafredda Silver Label Barbaresco 2015 #ItalianFWT
- Wendy with A Day in the Life on the Farm gives us Pure Comfort~~Roast Chicken, Wild Rice Pilaf and a Glass of Barbaresco Wine.
- Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla offers Risotto ai Tre Funghi, Rosticciana al Forno, + Fontanafredda Silver Label Barbaresco 2015.
- Lynn of Savor the Harvest is Reaching for Barbaresco Basarin with Marco and Vittorio Adriano.
- Susannah of Avvinare posts Exploring The Beauty of Barbaresco.
- Marcia of Joy of Wine pairs Hearty Beef Stew and Barbaresco.
- Martin of ENOFYLZ Wine Blog has a 2017 Riva Leone Barbaresco Paired With Italian Fare and Friends.
- Gwendolyn Alley of Wine Predator says Affordable Riva Leone Barbaresco Meets Bolognese.
- Nicole of Somm’s Table shares An Anniversary Celebration with La Spinetta Vürsù Gallina Barbaresco and Braised Spatchcocked Duck.
- Host Robin of Crushed Grape Chronicles gives us Barbaresco and Thanksgiving Flavors.
Barbaresco hails from the Piedmont region in an area of the Langhe
immediately to the east of Alba and specifically in the comunes of Barbaresco,
Treiso and Neive plus that area of the frazione San Rocco Seno d'Elvio which
was once part of the comune of Barbaresco and now belongs to the comune of
Alba. Barbaresco was granted Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) status in 1966
and, then, Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita status a decade and a half later.
- 1 cup dried mushrooms (I used lobster and morel mushrooms)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (I used shiitake mushrooms), sliced
- boiling water
- 1 cup peeled and diced white onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- splash of olive oil (I used the smoked olive oil from The Quail & Olive)
- 3 cups arborio rice
- 8 cups liquid (I used a mixture of vegetable stock and chicken stock)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh herbs, finely chopped (I used a mixture of parsley and thyme)
- 4 ounces mascarpone cream
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- freshly ground salt, to taste
- Also needed: parmigiano reggiano for serving
Melt butter in olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Stir in the onions drained mushrooms. Cook until the onions are translucent and beginning to caramelize.
- 1 rack of pork baby back ribs
- Also needed: foil, baking sheet, barbecue sauce
- 1 cup organic dark brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Chinese Five-Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper