Skip to main content

SRC Reveal: Garlic Lemon Shrimp


It's time for Group B's June 2016 for the Secret Recipe Club. This month I was assigned to Nicole at I am a Honey BeeShe's new to my group and I was excited to explore her blog.


Before I get into her recipes, here's a little about Nicole. She goes by Nic more often than not, but call her Nicki and you are going to be ignored. Her day job is at an architecture firm and she loves details and construction. She writes: "I cook. I bake. I design. I clean. I don’t sleep enough." She also has some random fun facts that made me smile...or at least pause!

  • Tulips are my favorite flower Mine, too! The bridesmaids in my wedding carried tulip bouquets.
  • I hate olives. All kinds. Hmmm...you lost me here.
  • If I had to pick just 1 way to have my eggs for the rest of my life it would be Eggs Benedict. I'm with you on this one.
  • I correct people’s grammar in my head. Okay, okay, I often say it out loud in response to TV reporters/analysts. All the time!
  • I am a salt person. Screw chocolate, pass the chips! I never even ate chocolate until I was pregnant with my first son. But I am a chip-gal, too.
  • I love peeps. Fresh or old and chewy. I've used them in floral arrangements!

Now on to her recipes...

The girl made Cheez-its. Homemade Cheez-its. That made my savory-loving heart skip a beat. Her Spiced Carrot Soup looks bright and cheerful; her Quinoa and Brussels Sprout Salad looks like a unique and tasty combination. One of these evenings, I am going to whip up her Steak Quesadillas. But, as I had some shrimp that I needed to use quickly, I started looking at her seafood recipes. Her Bang Bang Shrimp looked crunchy and delicious, but I don't really fry things and I would have to make them gluten-free for Jake. Her Citrus Apple Butter Glazed Grilled Shrimp had me drooling, but I didn't have any apple butter in the fridge. Darn it! So, I decided to go for her Garlic Lemon Shrimp.

Just a quick shout-out of gratitude to my big one and my little one who have wonderful green thumbs and keep our Meyer lemon tree happy and prolific.

 slightly adapted from 
I am a Honey Bee's Garlic Lemon Shrimp

Ingredients

  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 4 to 6 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
  • 2 T olive oil
  • 1/4 C white wine
  • 1 t fresh oregano
  • 1 t red pepper flakes
  • 1-1/2 organic lemons
  • freshly ground salt
  • freshly ground pepper


Procedure
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.

In a bowl, mix together the shrimp, garlic, olive oil, wine, oregano, red pepper flakes, and the juice of 1 lemon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Lay out the shrimp mixture on the lined baking sheet. Cut the remaining 1/2 lemon into thin slices and lay onto the shrimp.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, it is done when the shrimp have all turned pink.


Transfer the shrimp and its cooking liquid to a serving dish. Serve immediately.

Comments

  1. Yum! This recipe sounds like a keeper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Lemon, garlic, and wine are great with shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice for SRC reveal. I'm sharing it at FFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some lemon shrimp!! I'd eat these for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum! lemon and shrimp is one of my favorite combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemon shrimp & this one sounds heavenly. Serve it over some pasta & I'll be at your house for dinner! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. so jealous of your lemons! love that you grow your own~
    Great pick. I haven't made this shrimp in a long time. I have to make them again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my favorite recipe. A go to when I have company for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm.... these look WONDERFUL!! Perfect light fresh dish for the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a simple preparation! This is going into the rotation immediately.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meyer Lemon Custard-Filled Matcha Turtles #BreadBakers

#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our  Pinterest board  right here. Links are also updated after each event on the  Bread Bakers home page .  We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month Stacy of Food Lust People Love  is hosting and she wrote: "Your bread can be large, as in one big animal, or small - animal-shaped rolls. Use your imagination! Points for flavor and shape!" If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to Stacy at foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com. Here's the animal-shaped bread basket from the #BreadBakers... Beef and Sweet Onion Dim Sum Pandas from Karen's Kitchen Stories Bird Bread Rolls from Ambrosia Easter Bunny Buns from Cook with Renu Ham and Cheese Elephant Rolls from Food Lust People Love Hedgehog Bread from Making Mir

Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé #Winophiles

This month the French Winophiles group is looking at affordable wines from Burgundy.  Host Cindy of Grape Experiences wrote: "Burgundy, or Bourgogne, is known for its wines of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir... as well as Aligote, Gamay, Sauvignon, César, Pinot Beurot, Sacy, Melon in lesser quantities. Many of the well-known wines are quite expensive, but there are plenty of values to be found." Read her invitation here. And there won't be a Twitter chat for this event, so you will have to dive into the articles themselves to read about our pairings and findings. Here's the line-up... Wendy Klik from A Day in the Life on the Farm enjoys Domaine Chevillon Chezeaux Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits, 2018 Paired with a Maple Pecan Chicken . Camilla Mann from Culinary Adventures with Camilla shares her love of Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé. Jeff Burrows of FoodWineClick! explains why we should Look t

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce