Saturday, June 23, 2012

Brunede Kartofler (Sugar Browned Potatoes) {Denmark}




I have heard about these potatoes from both Rikke and Ulla and decided that I had to make them for my first Danish dinner. I had some Desiree potatoes from my High Ground Organics CSA box. Perfect!

1-2 pounds of small potatoes
3 T organic granulated sugar
3 T butter











Boil potatoes until just tender. Drain and let cool. Traditionally, Danes peel the potatoes, but I left the skin on mine. 
In a large flat-bottomed pan, over medium heat, melt the sugar. When the sugar turns light brown around the edges, add the butter and stir until melted.

Cook the potatoes, shaking the pan often, until the potatoes are evenly glazed and heated through, which will take about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons