Skip to main content

#BurgerMonth: Skewered Veggies with the help of Fire Wire Grilling Tools + Give-Away


When I saw that Fire Wire Grilling Tools was sponsoring #BurgerMonth, I was excited. They seemed like a cool tool. Then a box came in the mail with a set for me to try.* Surprise! Woohoo! I think I might have squealed loudly when I opened the box! It was completely unexpected, but I put them right to use.


You have the chance to get a set of your very own!

What I loved about them...
  • No pre-soaking! Fire Wire grilling skewers are made of 100% food grade stainless steel, so you aren't having to soak bamboo skewers to avoid splinters in your food!
  • Go big! Fire Wire grilling skewers hold two or three times the amount of food as those bamboo skewers. I always to have leave grabbing space on a traditional skewer. These, you can load up to the end; you just grab it by the loop.
  • Easy clean-up! They are dishwasher safe and have a life-time guarantee.

What I didn't like about them...              
  • They only come in a pack of two! ;) I need to get my hands on a few more for our big summer cookouts.                                                                                     

Here's what I made with them...give yourself about 45 minutes of lead time so the veggies can take on the flavor of the marinade.

Ingredients [printable recipe for Marinated, Grilled Veggies]
  • 1 portabello mushroom, cut into 9 1" squares or so
  • 2 zucchinis, sliced into thick coins
  • 1 poblano chile, sliced into 1" pieces
  • 1/3 C low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 T minced fresh ginger
  • 1 T minced fresh garlic
  • 1 T sesame oil
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 t ginger syrup
  • dash of crushed red pepper

Procedure
Whisk the last seven ingredients together in a small mixing bowl to create the marinade. Thread the veggies onto the skewers and place in a large, flat-bottom container or baking pan. Pour the marinade over the top. Let marinate for 15 minutes, then flip over. Marinate for another 15 minutes. Grill as desired.


*Full Disclosure: I received 1 complimentary set of Fire Wire Grilling Skewers as a thank you for participating in #BurgerMonth. All comments are 100 % accurate and 100% my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...