Skip to main content

#burgermonth + Give-Away

#burgermonth is happening. So, for the entire month of July, you can get inspired with 31 different burgers from 31 different food bloggers. Mine will be revealed on July 8th...stay tuned. But I'll be featuring and sharing the other creations on my facebook page and through my twitter feed. Ramp up those workout routines because you are going to want to try these yummies.


Our hostess with the mostess, Kita of Girl Carnivore, wrangled up some great sponsors and great prizes. Many, many thanks to El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard, FireWire Grilling Skewers, Hamilton Beach, KitchenIQ, The Spice House, and Wisconsin Cheese. 

Enter to win below...

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Comments

  1. Maybe its not epic, but I make a burger mixed with jalapeños and onions and I top it with pepper jack cheese. The more heat, the better for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamburger stuffed with jack cheese and topped with roasted green chilies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently did an Asian spiced burger with a spicy slaw that was yumy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We grilled Elk burgers last night, with a light garlic & Dijon mustard Aioli. Topped with batter dipped onion rings, toasted buns and they were so very, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently made The Pioneer Woman's Bacon Cheese Burgers...very yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...