Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A Little Green and a Little Sting Smoothie {Detox}

Just more proof that I really can't follow a recipe to save my life. I had written down a "recipe" for a green smoothie called 'The Stinger' from my 21-Day Detox group (read about my Detox and Team Level Zero Training plans). Then I made the smoothie. When I looked back at my scribbles, I wasn't even close. Whoops. But this left four empty glasses and requests for seconds. Winner!

I have made a variation of this every morning this week. By 'variation' I mean: I might use different greens, different herb, or different fruit. But the proportions are the same. Oh, well...I don't even follow my own recipe very well!


Ingredients

  • 2 C unsweetened coconut water
  • 1/2 to 3/4 C baby spinach
  • 1 C green tipped banana, cut
  • 1 C organic frozen rhubarb
  • 1 C cucumber, cut and peeled if peel is bitter
  • 1/2 jalapeno, seeds intact
  • 1/4 C fresh mint
  • juice from 1 organic lemon (we have a Meyer lemon tree, so I use those)
  • 1 T hemp seeds

Procedure
Place everything in the blender and whirl till desired consistency. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons