Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pomegranate Chia Pudding


I've used chia seeds before - to make Raw Warrior Pudding, Lemonade with Chia, and I've even used them as a binding agent in Russian Meatballs - but I knew that I could make many more creative chia puddings. I started tonight.

Ingredients
  • 6 T chia seeds
  • 1 C fresh pomegranate juice
  • 1 C water
  • 1 T honey (I used a wildflower honey from Kimes Apiary in Watsonville)
  • dried coconut, for garnish
  • sliced almonds, for garnish

Procedure
Pour the water, juice, and honey into a large jar. Add in the chia seeds. Cover with a lid and shake to combine. Let sit in the refrigerator - to chill and thicken - for at least an hour.

To serve, spoon into glasses and garnish with coconut and almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons