Tuesday, May 27, 2014

¡Buen provecho! A Cuban Feast for Jenn


One of my best friends just had a baby. Hooray for Nicholas!!


So this weekend we brought over a Cuban feast to share and fed both of our families. I'm trying to remember how this came about. I think I was raving about the Cuban pop-up at La Balena last month and asked my friends whose birthday was up next. I was inspired to make a Cuban birthday dinner for someone.  Anyone! Jenn piped up: Nicholas is up next! True.


So, as soon as he was born...and as soon as they wanted a dinner delivered, I brought over a Cuban feast. Stay tuned for the recipe posts, but it was all delicious. I will definitely be making these dishes again soon. Here was the menu:
  
Caldo Gallego
White Bean Soup

Pernil Asado Con Mojo
Mojo-Marinated Pork Shoulder Roast

Mazorcas de Maiz en la Barbacoa
Grilled Corn on the Cob

Pastel de Mango con Tres Leches
Three Milks Mango Cake

Batido Maracuyá
Passionfruit Smoothie

1 comment:

Share Buttons