Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to me. Happy birthday to meeeeee. Happy birthday to me. Yes, it's true...I made my own birthday cake. As my husband noted: "You do that so we won't buy one at the store!" True.
I was inspired by a Lemon-Pilsner Cheesecake in The Craft Beer Cookbook: From IPAs and Bocks to Pilsners and Porters: 100 Artisanal Recipes for Cooking with Beer by Jacquelyn Dodd. Of course, I had to tweak it since I can't follow a recipe to save my life!
- 3 C crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 C (one stick) butter, melted
- 2 T organic coconut sugar
- zest from one organic lemon
- 2* - 8 oz. packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 C organic coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 C organic sour cream
- 1 t saison (I used Hennepin by Brewery Ommegang)
- 1 t pure vanilla extract
Run a butter knife around pan edge to loosen cake. Cool completely. Remove foil from pan sides. Remove pan sides to serve.