Friday, September 6, 2013

Omani Breakfast Tea


In most Omani homes, a cup of this tea is an essential breakfast item. So, I obliged. I only had some black tea, so I used that. Big mistake. Riley asked, "What kind of tea is this, Mom?" Oh, I just had some black tea. "Wait, you're giving us caffeine and sugar before we go to school?!?" Yes. 

He is so my child. He is my rule-follower. Dylan, on the other hand...

3 C water
3 T organic granulated sugar
2 t loose tea
1 t ground cardamom)
1-1/2 C milk

Put the water, sugar and tea into a teapot and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 2–3 minutes. Add the milk and ground cardamom. Bring it to a boil again. Then immediately remove from heat and strain into a mug. Enjoy piping hot.

1 comment :

  1. Im really lucky to find you post! You are surely doing a right thing. After carefully reading, I find that your article interest me. Do you drink Chinese Tea as me? Where you usually get your tea and teapots? Local mall or tea related websites?

    ReplyDelete