Saturday, February 11, 2012

Oh, Honey, Honey! Mustard-Glazed Short Ribs

Continuing on my celebration of my Love this Valentines' weekend, I made a honey-filled dinner. This - honey-mustard glazed short ribs - was our main dish. Falling off the bone delicious!


short ribs
smashed garlic
olive oil
beer
root beer
honey
mustard
salt
pepper

I browned smashed garlic in a splash of olive oil then quickly seared the ribs to seal in the juices. I poured in the beer (I used Snowshoe Brewing Company's Snowweizen because that's what I had in my fridge), brought it to a boil, covered it, and reduced to a simmer. Let that simmer for 2 hours. The meat will be so tender that it's almost falling off the bone.

Make the sauce while the ribs are cooking. Whisk together the honey, mustard, and rootbeer in a medium saucepan. Simmer till it begins to thicken, then season with salt and pepper.

Once the ribs are ready, rub the sauce over them and place them in a baking dish. Cover with foil and bake in a 300 degree oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 10 minutes to let the ribs brown.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Share Buttons