Come back every day for #PumpkinWeek recipes. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections' #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
Day four of #PumpkinWeek is upon us and I wanted to share an eternal favorite: spiced pumpkin butter.Are you asking "Why the Danish flag? Is pumpkin butter Danish?" One of my favorite memories surrounding making pumpkin butter was with my best friend from Denmark when she was here visiting for a few months during the holidays and we thought they would make nice, shippable presents to her friends and family back home. We made batches and batches of pumpkin butter. Good, delicious times.
I love that this is light on the sugar, heavy on the spices, and so, so easy to make. Pleae note that this does not yield a smooth butter; I like mine rustic, with small chunks of pumpkin. If you want it store-bought smooth, press the pumpkin through a sieve before you start.
- 6 C pumpkin puree (here's how to make your own puree)
- 1/2 C water
- 1 C organic granulated sugar
- ground cinnamon
- ground cloves
- ground nutmeg
- ground cardamom
- ground ginger
- 2 T ginger syrup
Place the pumpkin puree, water, and sugar in a large, flat-bottom pan. Bring to a simmer. As you cook, mash the pumpkin with a potato masher. Add in the spices - to your tastes.
Cook and mash until it's to the consistency that you like. Stir in the ginger syrup. And spoon into sterilized jars. Process in a water bath to seal. Or refrigerate and use within three weeks without processing.
Check out all the Day 4 #PumpkinWeek recipes
- Pumpkin Tres Leches by Love and Confections
- Spiced Pumpkin Butter by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Pumpkin Palmiers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Pecan Oatmeal by The Spiffy Cookie
- Mini Healthy Pumpkin Pies by Happy Food Healthy Life
- Easy Pumpkin Caramel Sauce by Lady Behind The Curtain
- Savory Pumpkin Tart by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Pumpkin Custard Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Making Miracles