Skip to main content

Olive Oil-Sour Cream Bundt Cake



1 C flour
1/2 C ground almonds
2 t baking powder
2/3 C organic sour cream
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 C organic dark brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 C olive oil + enough to grease the bundt pan
2 T Sambuca, or other licorice liqueur
pinch of fennel pollen
1 C raw pecan halves

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ground almonds, fennel pollen, and baking powder. Set aside. In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, sugar, olive oil and Sambuca until combined. Scrape the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk again until lump-free. Pour the batter into the buttered bundt pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes or until browned. Allow cake to cool for at least 10 minutes, before unmolding.

Comments

  1. Great flavor profile Camilla! I have been wanting to buy some fennel pollen and after seeing this, I have to get it! Oh, and thanks for entering the GrubKit giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my other half would really enjoy this cake because of the licorice flavor! He might like this for his upcoming birthday week! I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. I love that he gets a birthday WEEK. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds delicious and so unique! Will definitely try soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...