Eat dessert first! I've heard that, but given that I don't have a huge sweet tooth, I rarely abide.
However, to kick off our #TripleSBites event I decided to bake a cake. Click to read more about how we're celebrating romance with #TripleSBites.
Welcome to the first day ofTriple S. Triple S means spicy, saucy, and sexy. So this is just an Intensely Spicy, Sexy Chocolate Cake from my kitchen to yours. Just for fun, I made it heart-shaped.
Just for fun, here are the (purported) aphrodisiac qualities to this cake...
Chocolate: Chocolate contains phenylethylamine, which stimulates the same hormone your body releases during sex. Maybe there's validity to the 'better than sex' claims after all. Maybe.
Thanks to my Kitchen Elves for making this delicious cake. For their purposes, I just called it our Intensely Chocolate Cake. For #TripleSBites...it's the Intensely Spicy, Sexy Chocolate Cake.
- 1/2 C bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 t crushed chili peppers (thank you, Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices*)
- 1/2 t ginger (thank you, Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices)
- 2 C coffee
- 3 C all purpose flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 C organic granulated sugar
- 1 C organic dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2/3 C mayonnaise
- 2/3 C spicy mayonnaise (thank you, Intensity Academy*)
- 2 large eggs
- 4 t organic chocolate extract
- 6 C organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 to 1 C organic milk
- 1 t organic chocolate extract
Butter and flour three 8-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides. Combine chopped chocolate and cocoa powder in medium metal bowl. Add coffee and whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.