Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Purple Carrot-Fennel Salad with Tahini and Crisped Chickpeas

I was inspired by the Smitten Kitchen's recipe: here. In retrospect, I think I'd go with the original orange carrots. My version isn't as colorful; the purple carrots looked muddy and muted.


 Ingredients
   
Roasted Chickpeas (click name for my version, for this salad, I added ground cumin )

Salad
  • 2 purple carrots, coarsely grated
  • 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and julienned
  • 1/4 C coarsely chopped fresh mint
Dressing
  • 2 cloves black garlic, minced
  • juice from 1 organic lemon
  • 2 T well-stirred tahini
  • 1 T tablespoons water, plus more if needed
  • 2 T olive oil
  • freshly ground pepper
  • freshly ground salt

Procedure
Dressing: Whisk all ingredients - except salt and pepper -  together until smooth. Add more water if the dressing is too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

To Assemble: Place grated carrots and fennel strips in large mixing bowl and toss with mint. Mix in the dressing. Add more salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with a large handful of crisped chickpeas.

1 comment:

  1. This looks awesome! I love carrot salads. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share Buttons