Roasted Chickpeas (click name for my version, for this salad, I added ground cumin )
- 2 purple carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and julienned
- 1/4 C coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 2 cloves black garlic, minced
- juice from 1 organic lemon
- 2 T well-stirred tahini
- 1 T tablespoons water, plus more if needed
- 2 T olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- freshly ground salt
Dressing: Whisk all ingredients - except salt and pepper - together until smooth. Add more water if the dressing is too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To Assemble: Place grated carrots and fennel strips in large mixing bowl and toss with mint. Mix in the dressing. Add more salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with a large handful of crisped chickpeas.