Ingredients makes two 9"x13" rectangles + 1 bundt cake
- 9 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 C flour (I used a white whole wheat flour)
- 2 t baking soda
- 18 T butter (2 sticks + 2 T), cubed
- 2-1/4 C boiling water
- 4 C organic granulated sugar
- 9 T organic sour cream
- 9 T buttermilk
- 6 large eggs
- 1 t organic hazelnut extract
- 1 t organic chocolate extract
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare your baking pans by lining them with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place the chocolate and the butter in a large saucepan. Heat until the butter and chocolate are melted and smooth.
In a large mixing bowl, place the flour, baking soda, granulated sugar, sour cream, buttermilk, extracts, and eggs. Whisk to combine. Stir in the boiling water - carefully! Fold in the melted chocolate and butter. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until firm to the touch. Cool completely on wire racks.