Anna laments that in this age of fast food and busy schedules, home-cooked meals seem almost a thing of the past. So she aims to find and share recipes that are not only good, but EASY! Many of her recipes here can be prepared ahead of time and almost all use ingredients you probably have on hand. I have bookmarked to make her Coconut Lemon Bars, Spicy Avocado Chicken, and Oriental Closelaw
But for today I decided to adapt her Spicy Slaw she posted that was originally made by her friend Ricki. I simplified, added more herbs, and took out a few of the "hot" ingredients as my boys' palates still border on preferring mild to medium versus spicy.
- 2 C thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 C chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 T fresh chopped oregano
- 1 t fresh chopped tarragon
- 1 t minced fresh garlic
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 C sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 C caper berry juice
- 3 T caper berries, chopped
- 1 T capers
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1 t vinegar
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, optional
Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl. After mixing, let it sit for 30 minutes or so (if you can!) to let the flavors blend. Then mix, again, before eating.