As I embark on my Whole30 Adventure, I have been asked to share some of my recipes. Happily. Whether you're on your own Whole30 journey, or just looking for some new whole foods recipes, I hope you'll follow along.
This recipe is so easy and it's just as good freshly made as it is for lunch the next day.
Ingredients makes 6 servingsSalad
- 5 C shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 C julienned carrots
- 1/2 C shredded purple cabbage
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T mustard (Annie's Organics doesn't have any added sugar - read your labels to ensure yours is Whole30 compliant)
- 1 T white balsamic vinegar (feel free to substitute any vinegar you wish)
- freshly ground salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 T fresh herbs, optional
- Also needed: mason jar with a lid
Place the green cabbage, julienned carrots, and purple cabbage in a large mixing bowl.
Place dressing ingredients, to the vinegar, in a mason jar. cover with a lid and shake to emulsify. Shake, shake, shake, and shake some more. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and fresh herbs, if using.
Toss dressing into veggies. Toss well to coat completely. Let stand for at last 15 minutes to often the cabbage.