Skip to main content

Chimichurri Pork Meatballs #Whole30

I am of the mindset that chimichurri makes everything taste better! Seriously. Who doesn't love that herby, tangy condiment from Argentina that is equally complimentary to meat as it is to veggies?


These chimichurri meatballs used ground pork and with pork sausage and were the perfect addition to my Wine & Fine Swine birthday dinner party. They are easy to make, yet impressive. I braised them in beef broth, but you can also bake them in the oven. And - even better for me this month - they are Whole30 compliant.

Ingredients
Meatballs

  • 1 lb ground pork
  • 1 lb ground pork sausage (I used an Italian-spiced sausage)
  • 1/2 C ground almonds
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
  • 2 T fresh parsley, minced
  • 1 t fresh oregano, minced
  • pinch of red pepper flakes
  • zest from 1 organic lemon
  • freshly ground salt
  • freshly ground pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 C beef broth

Chimichurri

  • 1 C fresh parsley
  • 1/2 to 3/4 C olive oil
  • 1/4 C vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar, but I have used red wine vinegar in the past)
  • 1 T fresh oregano, minced
  • 2 T fresh cilantro
  • 1/2 t red pepper flakes
  • 1 to 2 T lemon juice
  • freshly ground salt
  • freshly ground pepper


Procedure
In a large mixing bowl, all of the ingredients up to the egg. Mix to combine, then form mixture into meatballs. I use about 1 T per meatball. But feel free to make them any size you like.

In a large skillet, let the olive oil. Add the meatballs and sear them on all sides until they are nicely browned, but still soft when you press on them, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Pour in the beef broth and bring to a boil. Let the meatballs braise until they are firm to the touch, approximately 15 minutes.

While the meatballs braise, make your chimichurri. Place all of the ingredient in the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until desired texture. If it's too thick, add more oil and more vinegar. If it's too think, add more herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

*I am linking this up to Sid Sea Palm Cooking's First Monday Link-up. View that here.*

Comments

  1. Thanks for linking this to First Monday Favorites. What a great looking recipe. My sister gave me some dried Chimichurri seasoning for Christmas and I've been having fun with it, adding it to various dishes. I think I need to try making some from scratch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious, and I happen to have all of the chimichurri ingredients! I've never tried it, and now I must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Chimichurri certainly does make things better and I bet these meatballs are so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can pretty much anything slathered in chimichurri...anything but liver and lima beans...that would just be a waste of chimichurri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a perfectly flavorful plate of food. I like using sausage in my meatballs too, bonus flavors packed in there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Meyer Lemon Custard-Filled Matcha Turtles #BreadBakers

#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our  Pinterest board  right here. Links are also updated after each event on the  Bread Bakers home page .  We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. This month Stacy of Food Lust People Love  is hosting and she wrote: "Your bread can be large, as in one big animal, or small - animal-shaped rolls. Use your imagination! Points for flavor and shape!" If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send an email with your blog URL to Stacy at foodlustpeoplelove@gmail.com. Here's the animal-shaped bread basket from the #BreadBakers... Beef and Sweet Onion Dim Sum Pandas from Karen's Kitchen Stories Bird Bread Rolls from Ambrosia Easter Bunny Buns from Cook with Renu Ham and Cheese Elephant Rolls from Food Lust People Love Hedgehog Bread from Making Mir

Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé #Winophiles

This month the French Winophiles group is looking at affordable wines from Burgundy.  Host Cindy of Grape Experiences wrote: "Burgundy, or Bourgogne, is known for its wines of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir... as well as Aligote, Gamay, Sauvignon, César, Pinot Beurot, Sacy, Melon in lesser quantities. Many of the well-known wines are quite expensive, but there are plenty of values to be found." Read her invitation here. And there won't be a Twitter chat for this event, so you will have to dive into the articles themselves to read about our pairings and findings. Here's the line-up... Wendy Klik from A Day in the Life on the Farm enjoys Domaine Chevillon Chezeaux Bourgogne Hautes Cotes de Nuits, 2018 Paired with a Maple Pecan Chicken . Camilla Mann from Culinary Adventures with Camilla shares her love of Connecticut Lobster Rolls, Canned Lobster Bisque, and a 2019 Henry Fessy 'Maître Bonhome' Viré-Clessé. Jeff Burrows of FoodWineClick! explains why we should Look t

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce