Monday, September 15, 2014

Quick Pickled Okra


I served these at my Pickle Bar this weekend and they were a favorite. So simple and so tasty. I think that even some people who were okra-shy ended up liking these! These are ready to eat after 24 hours, but I let mine pickle for 48 hours. They were delicious.

Ingredients
  • 2 C organic okra
  • 1/2 C white vinegar
  • 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
  • 3/4 C water
  • 3 T organic blonde coconut sugar
  • 1 T salt (I used some large-grained Monterey Bay Garlic Sea Salt)
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
Procedure
Blanche the okra quickly. I place the okra in a medium saucepan, cover them with water, and bring it to a boil. Turn off the heat and drain immediately.

Place all of the other ingredients together in a medium saucepan. Bring it to a boil and, then, simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. Pour the liquid over the top of the okra. Let come to room temperature.

Seal the jars and refrigerate until ready to eat. These will keep for approximately 2 weeks. Let come to room temperature before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons