Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Matcha MOffins

Back when I was looking for a cookie to send for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2013, I ended up making Matcha-Black Sesame Shortbreads...after a little inspirational gift - the matcha - from a friend whose family owns a sushi deli. I've been slowly working my way through the canister and used the last bit of it this morning. I love the delicate color and the subtle flavor. Gotta get my hands on more matcha soon.


MOffin = mochiko (sweet rice flour) + muffin. This makes for a quick and portable breakfast. I served these with some yogurt and blueberries. Fast and tasty!

4  eggs
1/2 C olive oil
1 C organic heavy cream
1 C organic 2% milk
1/2 C organic granulated sugar
1 T baking powder
2 T matcha powder
1 box of rice flour

Mix the eggs and oil. Then mix in everything else until just moistened. Spoon the batter into greased muffin hollow.

Bake for about 30 minutes at 375˚F till the top of the MOffin is slightly browned and slightly cracked. Let cool for 5 minutes before turning the MOffins onto a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons