• green beans, stem ends trimmed
• 5 large garlic cloves, crushed and minced
• zest of 1 large organic lemon (organic because you’re eating the rind)
• juice from lemons
• 1 C tight-packed Italian parsley leaves
• fleur de sel flakes
• freshly ground pepper
• 1-1/2 C coarsely-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
• olive oil
Blanch the trimmed beans so that they are still crisp. Drain. As the beans cook, make the gremolata. In a mixing bowl, blend together the chopped parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Add just enough olive oil so that it becomes a thick sauce.
Toss the beans with the gremolata and top with more grated cheese, if desired.