Thursday, January 2, 2014

Simple Cabbage Soup {Taste and Create}


Welcome, 2014...I'm back to participating in Taste and Create. Somehow this fun monthly blog exchange fell off my radar in 2013. But I contacted Min and this month I was assigned to Seduce Your Tastebuds. It's a gorgeous food blog written by Padmajha Sureshbabu under the pen name PJ. When she started her blog, she was full of doubt, asking herself: "What am I doing?! If I start a blog, will I be able to do justice to it?" Yes, PJ, you are doing a fabulous job and I am happy to have found your blog.

There were so many of her recipe that I want to try. They are bookmarked for future dinners. Check out her: Dragonfruit Salad, Coconut Kheer, and Simple Beetroot Pooriyal.

But for a quick, mid-week supper, I adapted Seduce Your Tastebuds's Simple Cabbage Soup. Thanks to my CSA box from High Ground Organics, I had plenty of ingredients to make this veggie-heavy. And since I didn't  need to hide the cabbage, I only blended about 2/3 of the soup, leaving some of it chunky and rustic. Also, I don't have a pressure cooker, so this took some adapting, but it was a hit!

olive oil
5 stalks of celery, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
1 head of cabbage, chopped
1 onion, peeled and diced
1 tomato, diced
1 poblano chile, deseeded and chopped
4 C organic chicken broth
2 t ground cumin
1 t ground coriander
freshly ground sea salt
freshly ground pepper
black sesame seeds for garnish

In a large souppot, heat a splash of olive oil. Stir in the celery, carrots, onion, poblano, and cabbage. Cook until fork tender. Add in the chicken broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Season with cumin and coriander. Let cool slightly, then blend to the consistency that you want. Add salt and pepper to to taste. Serve garnished with black sesame seeds.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Camilla! Thanks for trying out this recipe from my blog and really glad to know that you enjoyed it. I am yet to post the recipe from your blog but will do so soon :)

    And wishing you and everyone at home a very happy and healthy year ahead :)

    ReplyDelete

Share Buttons