Skip to main content

Eggnog Banana Bread with Eggnog Kahlua Glaze

When Jake came back from feeding our neighbor's cat, he had two blackened bananas in hand. "I'm thinking banana bread," he announced. Translation: Can you make some banana bread? Sure thing. I decided to try some banana bread with our perennial holiday favorite - eggnog.


1 C organic granulated sugar
1/2 C butter, melted
2 eggs
2 t Kahula
1 t pure vanilla extract
2 ripe bananas
1 C organic eggnog
1 T organic milk
2 1/4 C white whole wheat flour
2 t baking powder
ground nutmeg
ground cinnamon
ground cardamom


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter your baking dish. With these ingredients I made 12 muffins and an 8" round cake. In a large mixing bowl mash the bananas. Add eggnog, eggs, melted butter, milk, Kahlua, vanilla, then mix in sugar. Gently fold in flour, baking powder and spices. Stir until just moistened. Pour into buttered pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve with ice cream, homemade whipped cream, or my Eggnog Kahlua Glaze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...