Monday, December 30, 2013

Affogato Speciale {Winter Cocktails}

  adapted from Winter Cocktails 
by Maria del Mar Sacasa

I have made affogato plenty of times. But I've never spiked it. Wow. Since I was using some homemade eggnog ice cream that we received as a Christmas present - thanks, Jenn! - I swapped out the recommended amaretto for some dark rum.


2 oz dark rum
2 oz dark espresso (my favorite is Illy)
6 oz organic chocolate stout
1 scoop eggnog ice cream

Place ice cream in a glass. Pour rum, espresso, and beer over the top. Serve with a spoon.

Cin cin!


A note on the amounts, I think that Winter Cocktails might have intended that the proportion given serve one person. I split that into two smaller cocktails and it was perfect for us.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting. Cheers and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy new year to you, too. Cheers! Hope your evening is filled with celebrations and libations.

      Delete

Share Buttons