It's hard to believe that this week is almost over. Happy #MexicanRecipes. Let’s have a fiesta of Cinco de Mayo inspired recipes all week long!
- Almond Orange Cookies from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mexican Chocolate Bizcochitos from Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Steak Tacos w/Sweet Chili Slaw from the Frugal Pantry
- Salsa di Hongas from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chicken Tamale Casserole from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Salsa de Hongas
- 1 pound crimini mushroom, washed, dried, and chopped
- 1 t crushed garlic
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 C fresh cilantro, chopped
- juice from 3 organic limes
- 2 T olive oil
- salt to taste
In a bowl combine all of the ingredients. Let sit for a couple of hours - at least - to allow the flavors to develop and the mushrooms to soften.