Thursday, February 18, 2016

A Lime By Any Other Name...

For awhile now, I've referred to these as Kaffir limes. You can click here to read a brief intro. This is what they look like on the outside.


This is what they look like on the inside.


And this is what their leaves look like. Aren't they cool?!?


This post is to explain why I will be referring to these as Makrut limes from now on.

I recently discovered there is some controversy about the name 'kaffir'. Not being an Arabic speaker, I can only accept what I am reading. Apparently 'kaffir' means 'infidel' or 'non-believer'. And it's largely used as a slur.

Okay, enough said. A lime by any other names...well, they are still as aromatic, unique, and gorgeous as before. But I now call them by their religiously-neutral name!

If you're curious what I've made with Makrut limes, take a look!




1 comment:

Share Buttons