Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Scheduling Serendipity {Food52 Potluck}

When I saw the post to host a Food52 Potluck during the month of December, I was excited. I love bringing people together around a central food them. But...during December?!? I should have had my head examined. Not only is our December as hectic as everyone else's, but add to that the annual Holiday Fund Drive for the non-profit that I chair, Nutcracker performances to see, Dylan's birthday, and the birthdays of four of our close friends - two of whom whose birthday cakes I always create. Needless to say, December is more than a little full. But I had committed, so I tried to squeeze it in somehow, piggybacking onto a dessert holiday party that a friend was already hosting. That didn't work. I thought of doing it at our family Christmas potluck.

Then...serendipity: my mom heard about my scheduling dilemma and asked, "Can I do it?" Ummmmm...okay.

My mom always hosts a Christmas party at her house for her friends - from ballroom dancing, from her ukulele club, and from her other activities that retired people have time to do. She had been looking for a theme for this year. Now she has it. And all I have to do is package up the swag that the potluck sponsors are providing - check out my Rancho Gordo Beans goody bags -, go taste the food, take some photographs, and do a blogpost. This is the easiest foodie event I've ever had to coordinate. Thanks, Mom!

If you're interested in a copy of the cookbook, The Food52 Cookbook, Volume 2, it comes out December 4th but it's available for pre-order now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons