Sunday, October 21, 2012

The 4 Bs Appetizer

For some reason, I couldn't locate prosciutto di parma when I was shopping for the Pair of Pumpkins Baby Shower. Strange. So I swapped out bresaola, an air-dried, salted beef from the Lombardy region in Italy. Because bresaola is not only rubbed with salt - but spices, including cinnamon - I think it was an even more perfect pairing for this appetizer which is a twist on my Burrata-Prosciutto-Pear Jam Bruschetta.

The 4 Bs = 
Bresaola + Burrata + (Pumpkin) Butter + Bread


Burrata is a fresh Italian cheese made from mozzarella and cream. The outer shell is solid mozzarella while the inside is a mixture of mozzarella and cream. In Italian burrata means "buttered."

I used a vanilla bean-pumpkin butter for the top, sprinkled the tray with a mixture of chopped cilantro, parsley, mint, freshly ground pink Himalaya salt, and freshly ground pepper. So easy and so flavorful!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! These look delicious and SO easy to make! Love the burrata on top!

    ReplyDelete

Share Buttons