Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Foodie PenPals: On the Adventure Scale...

The Lean Green Bean
Last month was my first month as a Foodie PenPal. I sent a package to a gal in Titusville, Florida; I received a package from Cincincatti, Ohio. Here's the goodie box I received.

Food PenPals is coordinated by Lindsay of the Lean Green Bean. Click to read more about Foodie PenPals - it's grown to over one thousand foodies in less than a year. The basics: each month we are paired with another foodie and send a package of goodies. It can be fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. I can't wait to start gathering items for my box.

I contacted my penpal and asked her a few simple questions: any food allergies? sweet or savory? favorite color?

And this month I added an adventure question: on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most adventurous - think eating insects in the rainforest or drinking cow's blood in Africa - how adventurous an eater are you? I think I'm a 8. I do have limits, but I'm pretty open to trying new things. ;)

If you have any suggestions of what screams "Monterey!", or the central coast of California, and is easily shippable, I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons