Our week long celebration of #DairyMonth continues! This event is co-hosted by From Gate to Plate and Cooking With Carlee. We are putting together our best recipes using cow milk, goat milk, butter, cream, and cheeses. We can't wait to share them with you!
Day 2 Recipes...
- Cheesy Honey Chipotle Skillet Cornbread by Cooking With Carlee
- Farmer's Cheese from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Iced Matcha Green Tea Latte by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Italian Stuffed Peppers with Ricotta by Palatable Pastime
- Pineapple Orange Breakfast Shake by Family Around the Table
- Spinach and Cheese Souffle by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Stuffed Hash Browns by Jolene's Recipe Journal
This iced matcha green tea latte is one of my favorite sweet treats. Okay, admittedly, I don't have much of a sweet tooth. But I love making this for an easy "dessert" on a busy weeknight.
Just a quick note about Matcha. Matcha is "powdered tea." Unlike drinking other tea when you infuse the tea leaves in water and, then, strain out the leaves, with matcha, you are drinking the finely powdered leaves whisked into hot water. So, spring for the best quality of matcha that you can. There's culinary grade and ceremonial grade. I use ceremonial grade if I'm whisking and drinking; I use culinary grade for baking and cooking.
Ingredients makes 1 latte
- 1 t matcha green tea powder
- 1 C milk
- 1 t honey
- Also needed: a lidded mason jar, whisk
In a glass jar, place the matcha and the honey. Pour in the milk and stir with a spoon to break up the clumps as best you can. Place the lid on the jar and shake. The more you shake, the more froth will be developed. Open the lid and give another stir to completely dissolve the matcha. You can pour the latte into another glass if you like...I prefer to have fewer glasses to wash! Enjoy.