When Erica of The Crumby Cupcake put out a call for help celebrating her blog's birthday, I thought: it's not a celebration without a libation, right? So, without further ado, here's my offering. Happy blog-birthday, Erica!
Click to see her celebratory line-up: here.
Sweet Bell Sip for a Blog-Birthday
inspired by The Talking Kitchen's Red Bell Pepper Cocktail
I just got a delivery of finger limes from Good Land Organics and I love the combination of the sweet bells with the tart citrus. Enjoy! Cin cin...
Ingredients makes 1 cocktail
- 5 to 6 thin slices organic mini red bell pepper
- 6 organic basil leaves
- 2 – 2.5 oz. gin (I like Hendrick's), ice cold
- 2 – 2.5 oz. freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice (substitute for any lemon juice, but I have a Meyer lemon tree that's going crazy right now)
- pulp from 1 finger lime (substitute regular lime if you need to)
- 1 t organic dark brown sugar
- splash of pure vanilla extract
- 4 oz. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean and 1 mini red bell pepper for garnishing
Muddle together the sliced peppers, basil leaves, pulp from finger lime, sugar, and lemon juice. Let it sit for a minute or two. Add the cold gin and vanilla extract.