Posting day is always the first Wednesday of each month. If you are a blogger and would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you! If you're a spectator looking for delicious tid-bits check out our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest Board! Looking for our previous parties? Check them out HERE.
The EGG-cellent offerings this month...
- Baked Eggs and Candied Bacon by Our Good Life
- Egg Drop Soup by Food Lust People Love
- Eggs in a Cloud by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Eggs in Purgatory by Cooking with Carlee
- Ginger Coconut Macaroons by Passion Kneaded
- Gyeran Bbang (Korean Egg Bread) by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole by Fearlessly Creative Mammas
- Ham, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Braid by Making Miracles
- Southwestern Breakfast Bowl by The Freshman Cook
- Tiramisu Gelato by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vanilla Bean Angel Food Cake with Malted Chocolate Cloud Frosting by Baking in Pyjamas
And My Offering...
I probably saw a photo of this recipe on Pinterest - or in a magazine. But I didn't tag it or file it anywhere, so I decided to wing it. It's pretty basic...but really flexible. Use whatever cheese and whatever herbs you have on hand.
Ingredients makes 2
- 2 eggs
- 2 T grated cheese (I used a mixture of parmesan, asiago, and mozzarella)
- 2 t chopped herbs (I used a mixture of dill, fennel greens, oregano and basil)
ProcedureSeparate eggs, placing the whites together in a small mixing bowl and the yolks in separate small dishes.
Beat the whites until stiff peaks form. Fold in cheese and herbs.
Spoon into 2 mounds on parchment-lined baking sheet. Make a deep well in center of each. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
My taste-testers were so intrigued. They gushed, "Why haven't you ever made this before, Mommy?" And they requested, "Can we have it again tomorrow?!?" Who knew this would be such a hit?