Monday, April 13, 2015

Matcha Loaf + #Sponsor Product Review



Back when I was looking for a cookie to send for The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2013, I ended up making Matcha-Black Sesame Shortbreads...after a little inspirational gift - the matcha - from a friend whose family owns a sushi deli. I made my way through the canister, loving the delicate color and subtle flavor. I made a note to myself: Get more matcha soon.

I've been through about multiple different canisters now.

Earlier this year I received an email regarding an opportunity to review some organic matcha from Kiss Me Organics. I jumped at the opportunity. I especially liked that the matcha came with recipe ideas.

I followed several of the recipes and enjoyed each one. I'm sharing a recipe of my own...

This loaf makes for a quick and portable breakfast. I served these with some yogurt and fruit before we headed off for one of our adventures during Spring Break. Fast and tasty!

Ingredients

  • 4  eggs
  • 1/2 C olive oil
  • 1 C organic heavy cream
  • 1 C organic 2% milk
  • 1/2 C organic granulated sugar
  • 1 T baking powder
  • 2 T Kiss Me Organics matcha powder
  • 1 box of rice flour (mochiko is a sweet rice flour)

Procedure
Preheat oven to 375˚F. Mix the eggs and oil. Then mix in everything else until just moistened. Spoon the batter into greased loaf pan. Bake for about 45 minutes at 375˚F till the top of the loaf is slightly browned and slightly cracked. Let cool for 5 minutes before turning the loaf onto a cooling rack and cutting into thick slices.


Thoughts on Kiss Me Organics Matcha...
Note that this product is listed as 'Culinary Grade' Matcha, differing from 'Ceremonial Matcha.' This there is a difference in grade, which - from what I can tell - is mostly aesthetic. Ceremonial Matcha has a brighter green hue. But both should be silky smooth when you rub the powder between your fingers. Kiss Me Organics is.

The aroma is a fresh, mild scent that is reminiscent of freshly cut grass. And the taste is subtle and wonderful. Some matcha I've had is bitter. Kiss Me Organics is lovely. I will definitely be ordering more of this product when I run which should be soon!

*DISCLOSURE: I received complimentary products from Kiss Me Organics for the purposes of review.  I have received no additional compensation for this post and the opinions expressed here are my own.

1 comment:

Share Buttons