Wednesday, April 8, 2015

In Our Easter Kitchen for #FoodRevolutionDay

Last Sunday we celebrated Easter...there are many aspects to our celebration. For my parents, it's primarily about resurrection; it's a religious celebration. But it's also about spending time with family. They always have a game picked out that we play between lunch and dessert. This year we played a dice game called Left Center Right. Link to the game below.* What fun!


For the boys, it's about Easter eggs and - maybe - candy and an egg hunt; it's a party. 


For my husband, it's about the feast...mostly the desserts. This year he requested a tiramisu. I still need to post that recipe!


And, for me, it's about celebrating all the crisp, fresh flavors of Spring. We had Butter-Braised Radishes over Little Gems, Roasted Asparagus and Shaved Fennel, Blueberry Kouign Amann, and more.




One of April challenges for the Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Ambassadors (I'm the Monterey #FRD2015 rep!) is to...

Cook with Your Loved Ones...on Easter!

My Enthusiastic Kitchen Elf helped me quite a bit this year. He came to the farmers' market with me and asked if he could make a kale salad with the Serendipity Farms' Red Russian kale. Of course!


Here he is. And here's his recipe: Massaged Red Russian Kale.


D also helped me with the Herbed Barley Salad.


He also helped me with the table centerpiece. We had Chamomile in our Easter Vase!


Did you cook with your loved ones on Easter? 
What did you make?



*This blog currently has a partnership with Amazon.com in their affiliate program, which gives me a small percentage of sales if you buy a product through a link on my blog. If you are uncomfortable with this, feel free to go directly to Amazon.com and search for the book or item of your choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons