Friday, January 16, 2015

Savory Hops Granola


I have read about savory granola, but never made it myself. I've made sweet granola tons of times - Coconut Lychee Granola was one of my favorites! - and had some rolled oats leftover from my Mushroom Ginger Oat Congee so I decided to give a savory version a try.

Thanks to some prepped herbs from Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices*, an intriguing sauce from Not Ketchup, and hops from a friend's garden, this was delicious, unique, and not too difficult. You'll see this on a salad, instead of croutons, for my dinner party this weekend: A New Year, a menu inspired by seeds, sprouts, and buds.

Ingredients

  • 2 C rolled oats
  • 1 C raw shelled pistachios
  • ½ C raw pumpkin seeds
  • ½ C raw sunflower seeds
  • ½ C raw pecans
  • ¼ cup raw sesame seeds
  • 1 T fennel seeds
  • 1 T white sesame seeds
  • 1 T black sesame seeds
  • 1 t chia seeds
  • 3 hops blossoms, dried and pulled apart
  • 1 t  freshly ground salt
  • ½ t freshly ground pepper
  • 1 large egg white, beaten
  • ¼ C olive oil
  • 1 T ginger syrup
  • 1 t garlic paste
  • 2 T Spiced Fig Not Ketchup (use whatever ketchup or hot sauce you have)

Preparation
Preheat oven to 350° F. Toss all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl until well-coated. Transfer mixture to a rimmed baking sheet and bake, stirring once, until toasted and golden, approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool. The granola will crisp as it cools.


*Full Disclosure: I received complimentary products from Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices and Not Ketchup for the purpose of recipe development and review for an upcoming online event - #TripleSBites. Feel free to use whatever herbs and ketchup or hot sauce you have on-hand. I received no compensation for this post. All comments are 100 % accurate and 100% my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons