I was having a serious dessert craving last night and realized that I had no butter and no flour. I had my CSA goodies from High Ground Organics and that was about it. Then it hit me. With some lemon, some eggs, some sugar, and some olive oil, you can make a mouth-puckering pudding. And it takes less than 10 minutes. Woohoo. Craving averted.
- 3 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 C organic coconut sugar (this renders the final pudding a sort of mustard color; for a true yellow, use granulated sugar, I just didn't have any)
- 1/2 C freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice (Thanks, Marsalisi Organic Farms!)
- 1/2 t pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
Place all ingredients into a double boiler or bowl set over gently simmering water on the stove. Whisk until it thickens into a pudding or custard consistency. We are ours warm with some High Ground Organics strawberries on the side!