makes two 9"x13" pans
Vodka Crust Ingredients
- 4 C white whole wheat flour
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 C butter (3 sticks)
- 2 T cold water
- 1 T vodka (or another T of water if you don't want to use alcohol)
- 8 eggs
- 3 C organic granulated sugar
- 1/2 C white whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- zest from 2 lemons
- 3/4 C freshly squeezed lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350. Place flour, powdered sugar, and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub in butter till the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in water until the mixture forms a ball.
Press the dough into a 9"x13" baking pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. In the meantime, make the topping. To make the lemon layer, beat together the eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a bowl till smooth and combined.
Pour lemon mixture over the cooked base. Bake for another 25 minutes. Leave to cool. Before serving, sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice into squares.