Monday, July 2, 2012

What are the odds?!?

I had the joy of going on a food tour yesterday...for business and pleasure. I was finishing up an article about local food tours and spending a beautiful afternoon with a friend, walking, eating, and enjoying the day.

At the beginning of the tour, the guide asked there were any allergies she needed to know about. I am allergic to only one thing. And, since it's such a rarity to ever be served it, I stayed mum and said, "No, no allergies."

But after a couple of stops we ended up at a restaurant with a wood-burning brick oven where we were served - you guessed it - the one and only thing that I can't eat: fava beans. Arrrrrgh. It was a gorgeous thin crust pizza topped with truffle cheese, onions, oyster mushrooms, fava beans, and allium blossoms.


I began to pick off the beans and told Staci the funny story. What are the odds?! She, smartly, told me that I probably shouldn't eat the pizza anyway...just in case they used a fava puree on the crust. Good thinking.

So, I happily took a second slice of the lamb sausage and caramelized fennel with mint pizza instead. Che squisito!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Buttons