I have always loved a good tea party. Even better? When my friend made a fun adult libation for her tea party several years ago. These were divine. And she was gracious enough to share the recipe with me.
At the time, Aimee used the Lavender Citrus infusers from Tea Forte, but I couldn't find those anywhere now; so, I just used two teaspoons organic lavender and zest from one organic lemon.
Ingredients makes two cocktails
- 8 ounces of vodka, room temperature
- 2 t organic culinary grade lavender blossoms
- peel from one organic lemon (I used a Meyer lemon)
- 1 t pure vanilla extract + 4 drops to finish
- 1 whole vanilla bean, scraped
- 2 thin pear slices for garnish
- Also needed: ice, cocktail shaker, dropper for extract
Pour your vodka into a mason jar. Add in the lavender, lemon peel, 1 t vanilla extract, and vanilla bean. Let stand for at least thirty minutes. Strain the vodka into a cocktail shaker.
Add ice cubes to the shaker and shake for at least 1 minute.
Strain your libation into chilled martini glasses. Top each glass with 2 more drops of vanilla extract. Garnish with thin pear slice.