- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup organic dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- contents of 4 tea bags (approximately 4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Also needed: baking sheets, parchment paper, cookie scoop (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Once that mixture if lightened and fluffy, beat in the eggs one at a time until fully combined. Beat in the vanilla.
In a medium mixing bowl, blend together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and tea. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter-sugar mixture. Stir in the oats. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Scoop out the dough by large tablespoonfuls - I use a cookie scoop - onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving at least 2 inches between each cookie. These flatten out and spread as they bake.
Place trays in the oven and bake until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown, approximately 16 to 18 minutes.
Let the cookies cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the sheets. Then carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Store tightly covered.