Skip to main content

Feta-Stuffed Figs #CulinaryCam #Sponsored

 This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Quail & Olive.
Complimentary product was provided for this post and this page may contain affiliate links.
However, all opinions expressed here are my own.

When Anni of The Quail & Olive* asked if I wanted to play with the November member selection of Plum Basil Balsamic Vinegar, I readily agreed. The plums for this product are Santa Rosa plums from Chaparral Gardens in Atascadero and are blended with two kinds of basil for delicious savory notes.


I found some fresh figs and basil at the store and decided to do a quick appetizer featuring the vinegar. 

We have also filmed a clip of this recipe. It's available on our Culinary Cam YouTube channel: here. Make this as a single serving with just one or two figs Or create a platter to share. 

Ingredients serves 4 to 6 as a small bite

  • 4 to 6 fresh figs, stems sliced off and scored in the middle
  • 3 to 4 Tablespoons crumbed feta
  • 2 teaspoons fresh basil chopped plus more for garnish
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil (I used The Doctor's Blend)
  • freshly ground salt
  • freshly ground pepper

Procedure

Place feta, basil, and olive oil in a small bowl. Add in salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon. Stuff into prepared figs. Drizzle with olive oil. Drizzle with vinegar. Serve immediately.

on the web, on Facebook, on Instagram, on Twitter

*Disclosure: I receive compensation in the form of complimentary products for recipe development 
and generating social media traction. All opinions are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hot Chocolate Agasajo-Style {Spice It Up!}

photo by D For my Spice It Up! kiddos this week, I was looking for an exotic drink to serve while we learned about saffron. I found a recipe from food historian Maricel Presilla that mimicked traditional Spanish hot chocolate from the 17th century where it was served at lavish receptions called agasajos . When I teach, I don't always get to shoot photos. Thankfully, D grabbed my camera and snapped a few. Ingredients serves 14-16 1 gallon organic whole milk 3 T dried rosebuds - or 2 t rosewater 2 t saffron threads, lightly crushed 3 T ground cinnamon 3 whole tepin chiles, crushed 2 vanilla beans, split lengthwise 1 C organic granulated sugar 1 lb. bittersweet chocolate Procedure In a large soup pot that can hold a gallon plus, combine milk, dried rosebuds (or rosewater, if you are using that), saffron threads, ground cinnamon, chiles, vanilla beans, and sugar and warm over medium heat till it steams. Whisk to dissolve sugar, then lower heat an...

A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige #ItalianFWT on CulinaryCam.Com

I am in the process of migrating over to my new domain. Come on over to read " A Cheese Board Anchored on a Trio of Italian Cheeses + A Pinot Nero from Alto Adige " for December's #ItalianFWT.

Quick Pickled Red Onions and Radishes

If you've been reading my blog for even a short amount of time, you probably know how much I love to pickle things. I was just telling a friend you can pickle - with vinegar - or you can ferment - with salt - for similar delicious effect. The latter has digestive benefits and I love to do that, but when I need that pop of sour flavor quickly, I whip up quick pickles that are ready in as little as a day or two. I've Pickled Blueberries , Pickled Asparagus , Pickled Cranberries , Pickled Pumpkin , and even Pickled Chard Stems ! This I did last night for an upcoming recipe challenge that requires I include radishes. Ummmm...of course I'm pickling them! Ingredients  makes 1 quart jar radishes, trimmed and sliced organic red onions, peeled and thinly sliced (I used a mandolin slicer) 3/4 C vinegar (I used white distilled vinegar) 3/4 C water 3 T organic granulated sugar 1 T salt (I used some grey sea salt) 6 to 8 grinds of black pepper Proce...