This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of JoyJolt and Torani, #ChristmasSweetsWeek sponsors.
I received complimentary product for the purpose of review and recipe development, but all opinions are honest and
they are my own. This page may contain affiliate links.
Welcome to the third day of #ChristmasSweetsWeek! Much gratitude to Terri of Love and Confections and Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures for coordinating this amazing event. Not only did they keep all of us bloggers organized, but they lined up some great sponsors. Please visit my kick-off post for information about the prizes and to enter the giveaway. You may also enter at the bottom of this post.
For now, here are the bloggers' recipes to inspire you to make some Christmas Sweets...
- Boozy Salted Caramel Apple Cider from The Beard and The Baker
- Christmas Punch from Juggling Act Mama
- Frozen Caramel Hot Chocolate from Eat Move Make
- Crockpot Red Velvet Hot Chocolate from April Golightly
- Gingerbread Spice Caramel Latte from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Gingersnap Eggnog Shooter from Seduction In The Kitchen
- Glogg from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Hot Buttered Rum from Moore or Less Cooking
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Mildly Meandering
- Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Salted Caramel Hot Apple Cider from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Sugar Cookie Cocktail from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Vanilla & Spice Hot Mulled Wine from The Baking Fairy
- Almond Roca from Everyday Eileen
- Christmas Cookie Bark from The Mandatory Mooch
- Creamy Cheese Fudge from Take Two Tapas
- Grinch Fudge from An Affair from the Heart
- Milk Chocolate Toffee Fudge from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Reindeer Food Snack Mix from Big Bear's Wife
- Chocolate Mint Cookies from Platter Talk
- Dark Chocolate Dipped Almond Shortbread Cookies from With Two Spoons
- Gingerbread Bars with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting from Sweet Beginnings
- Gingerbread Cupcakes from The Redhead Baker
- Holiday Pavlova from My Suburban Kitchen
- Hot Chocolate Whoopie Pies from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Joulutorttu (Finnish Christmas Tarts) from Tara's Multicultural Table
- Merry and Bright Marshmallow Filled Christmas Cupcakes from Lady Behind the Curtain
- Minty Grinch Dip from Who Needs A Cape?
- Oatmeal Maple Cream Pies from Blogghetti
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake from The Crumby Kitchen
- Peppermint Stick Cookies from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Red Velvet Cookies from Live Love Texas
- Red Velvet Truffle Sugar Cookie Cups from The Spiffy Cookie
- Santa Belt Cupcakes from 4 Sons 'R' Us
- White Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Cookies from Cheese Curd in Paradise
When I saw that Torani was an event sponsor, I did a little happy dance. We have lots of bottles of Torani in our cupboards. We add them to sparkling water for an easy homemade Italian soda; my husband and I add them to coffee for a special sweet treat. But when I received the bottles of Salted Caramel and Vanilla syrups, the boys asked for steamers and hot cider. Done!
Salted Caramel Hot Apple Cider
Ingredients serves 8
- 10 C apple cider
- 3 to 4 cinnamon sticks + more for garnish
- 5 to 6 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked open
- 4 T mulling spices (my homemade version)
- 5 to 6 pieces candied ginger
- peel from 1 organic lemon (I used a Meyer lemon) + more for garnish
- 8 to 16 t Salted Caramel syrup (prefer Torani), divided, depending on tastes (we opt for less)
Place all of the ingredients - except the syrup - in a large pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat immediately. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Strain out spices.
Pour 1 to 2 t of syrup into each serving mug. Pour strained cider into mugs. Garnish with a cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.
included in this recipe...
You may find Torani on the web,
You may find Joyjolt on the web,on Twitter, on Pinterest, on Instagram, and on Facebook.
*DISCLAIMER: Thank you ChristmasSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Lorann Oils & Flavors, Torani, Joyjolt, and Sweets & Treats Boutique for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for ChristmasSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The ChristmasSweetsWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The ChristmasSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the ChristmasSweetsWeek posts or entry.