I opted to make a seeded loaf with black sesame seeds, white sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds.
- 1 T active, dry yeast
- 1 T organic granulated sugar
- 3/4 C warm water
- 1 1/2 C organic plain yogurt, whole milk
- 3 T honey
- 2 T hazelnut oil
- 1 t freshly ground salt
- 1 T black sesame seeds + more for garnish
- 1 T white sesame seeds
- 1 T flax seed meal
- 1 T pumpkin seeds + more for garnish
- 1 T sunflower seeds + more for garnish
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T ground almonds
- 1/2 C rolled oats
- 5-1/2 C whole wheat pasty flour
- olive oil
Place warm water and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Float active dry yeast on top. Let bloom for 10 minutes. Stir in the remaining ingredients - except the olive oil. Mix with a wooden spoon to make a sticky dough.
Knead the dough well and place it in an oiled bowl, covered with a dish towel. Let rise for 3 hours.
Punch the dough down and give it one final rise for 30 minutes.
While the oven preheats to 425 degrees F, form the dough into a baguette shape. Brush the top with cold water, then sprinkle with seeds for garnish.
Bake at 425 for 20 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 400 for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly before slicing into it.
- Amaranth Banana Nut Quick Bread from Magnolia Days
- Anadama Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Bird Seed Bread from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Crunchy Seed Braid from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Everything Dutch Oven Bread from Chef Mireille's East West Realm
- Hearty Seed Dinner Rolls from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Khobz Mzaweq - Moroccan Decorated Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Lemon Chia Quick Bread from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Curd Poppy Seed Bread from A Baker's House
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread from The PinterTest Kitchen
- Makowiec - Polish Poppy Seed Bread from Sweet Cinnamon & Honey
- Multigrain and Seed Bread Extraordinaire from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Multigrain Bread with Flaxseeds from Cooking Club
- Pain Petri (Moroccan Challah) from Passion Kneaded
- Seeded Club Soda Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Sesame Studded Grissini from Ruchik Randhap
- Simit - Turkish Ring Bread from Spice Roots
- Six Seed Soda Bread from Bakers and Best
- Sunflower Seed Bread from My Catholic Kitchen
- Sunflower Seed Bread from Kids and Chic
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.